Monday, September 6, 2010

Ouch! I blew my budget!

Well, I did so well this week that I decided it would be ok to go see a friend (our former nanny) in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and take her out to dinner.  We drove up in the afternoon and went to the restaurant her boyfriend, Sam, works at as a cook.  It was a nice afternoon and a great dinner.  I ordered the special dish that Sam has created -- a Huckleberry marinaded skirt steak.  The girls ordered mac and cheese and pasta -- very exciting.  Finally the bill came and it was $75, another $15 for the tip and I am over budget for the week.  At $600/month or about $150/week, that dinner is going to cause some serious rice and bean dinners for a while.  It was fun and I am glad we went, but I need to live like a frugal person and that was not it!   

I did have about $60 left in the budget for the week so it leaves me with about $120 for next week. We can live on that.  All in all, I can't do that very often but I'd say it was worth it to take the girls up to see Kristin and treat her to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment