Friday, October 22, 2010

To phone or not to phone

I know that if you are ten years younger than me or more, you have already figured this out.  But, I'll go ahead and display my techno-simpleton thought process for you anyway.  For the past 4 years I have had a cell phone and a land line, as well as wireless internet in the house.  Gradually, I have moved from using the land line to using the cell.  I don't talk on the phone much in general and never exceed my minutes.  I email or facebook instead.  My extended family lives on the East coast and I live in the Pacific time zone making evening phone calls difficult.  And my three girls sometimes make phone calls any other time of day difficult as well!  So, I canceled my land line and long distance services.  It will save me $24 for the land line and $3 base charge for the long distance service (+ whatever minutes I used each month).  So, that doesn't sound like very much but it adds up to $324 per year.  I can think of better things to do with $324 than having a phone sit on the kitchen counter that I don't need.  For example I could spend the money renting a cabin for a weekend, or paying for more ballet for the girls, or paying for holiday gifts, or 4 massages, or 108 lattes, or spending a night in the closest big city -- Seattle.  I need to keep reviewing my bills so I can find more $324 savings to enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment