Saturday, November 6, 2010

Selling at UI Womensworks

Hello to all my local friends...
Yesterday I debuted my food microbusiness at Womensworks and I had a great time and got great feedback.  I also nearly sold out of soup mixes and seriously lowered my stock of baking mixes.  I will be back today at the UI Student Union Building ballroom for another day of selling.  If you would like to try my sustainable-local-organic mixes stop by.  I'll be sampling out Comfort Cornbread, Turkish Mocha Brownies and Red Lentil Curry today.  Yum. Yum.  And, in keeping with the blog -- the prices are reasonable, I think, at $5 per mix. 

Below is a blurb about the new business.

At Fast Foodie, LLC in Moscow, Idaho, I strive to use the best and most sustainable ingredients to prepare mixes like no other.  Organic and local contributions to these mixes are common.  In a region rich with wheat varieties, lentils, and local small-scale organic agriculture as well as wild-crafted ingredients from the Inland Northwest, it is a pleasure to bring out the best in these ingredients through delicious, wholesome and quickly prepared soups and baked good mixes.  10% of my profits are donated to the following charitable organizations: Safe Passage in Guatemala City, Sojourner’s Alliance in Moscow, Idaho and Village Bicycle Project in Boise, Idaho. 

 See you there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment