Friday, November 19, 2010

Spreading Out The Thanksgiving Feast

I love Thanksgiving.  Well, I love to eat in general.  But, I like all the Thanksgiving dishes, side dishes, and desserts.  Unfortunately, I seem to have been the only one in my family that loves it enough to actually cook it.  So, over the years I have worked really hard to produce a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.  The girls pick at it.  We have tons of leftovers and well to be honest I end up kind of pissed.  So, it is time to get over it.  Newly single, I don't even have my spouse to at least appreciate the food. 
So, I am spreading out some of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving over the next week or so.  Last night, we had sweet potato coconut curry.  It satisfied my sweet potato requirement for Thanksgiving and it was easy to make.  Here's the recipe:
2 sweet potatoes cubed
1 can light coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup vegetable broth
1 Tablespoon green curry paste
1 Tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Saute sweet potatoes in oil for a few minutes, add vegetable broth and cook until almost tender.  Add peas, coconut milk, curry paste and salt.  Heat through.  Serve over rice, rice noodles or as a soup.
A great way to get my sweet potato fix early, eliminate that dish from the Thanksgiving repetoire, take advantage of sweet potatoes on sale and get rid of that whole nasty, whipped sweet potatoes with marshmallow thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment